Details for "Collage and Chigiri-e by Roxsane Tiernan (in person at the Guild)"
COLLAGE AND CHIGIRI-E (In person at the Guild)
by Roxsane Tiernan
We all want to try new ways to improve our paintings by adding texture, colour or trying new media. Collage lets us explore many different themes in many different ways. Roxsane will explain a few of them in the first session and get you trying out tissue paper before you use expensive papers. She will bring samples of washii paper and colouring the papers will be discussed. She will discuss which papers work best and then you can shop. In the second session she will concentrate on chigiri-e.
Sunday September 19 and 26 from 1 - 4 pm at the South Delta Artists Guild gallery workroom
Roxsane Tiernan -
Roxsane is an award winning BC artist, an international traveler and educator. She soaks up local colour, customs and cultural influences. These cross-cultural experiences stimulate her imagination and creativity. This along with her love of nature provides an endless variety of subjects for her art.
As an artist, the discovery of Chigiri-e opened her creative channels. She enjoys the variety of papers, the feel of paper, it can be sturdy or fragile, bright or hazy, fibrous or sheer - gauzy. She loves it all.
- For both days you will need a support. Roxsane prefers watercolour paper (cold press) but you can work on canvas board or matte board scraps.
- You will need 2 older brushes - one for glue and one for drawing fine lines (She usually uses white glue and the dollar store is fine
- Bring containers for water and glue
- Please do not buy paper until after the first lesson. She will bring tissue paper - enough for everyone to learn on. Alot of paper she uses is available in Paper-Ya 0n Granville Island and some from Opus. If you already have Japanese Washii paper, bring it along.
- You may want a water bottle or a snack - whatever works for you.
Bring an idea to try out! If you have questions, feel free to email her at email@example.com or phone her at 604 525 5207.
Cost & Status
- CAN$85.00 with Member Workshop $10 Discount