Details for "Mastering Watercolour Flowers - Marney-Rose Edge - Feb. 29 and March 1, 2020"
Mastering Watercolour Flowers
with Marney-rose Edge
Date: Sat. Feb. 29 and Sun. March 1, 2020
Difficulty level - all levels
Hours: 9:30 am - 4 pm with 1/2 hr. lunch break. Please bring lunch, snacks and beverage for each day. Please come at 9am to set-up.
Marney-Rose Edge is a natural and inspirational teacher of watercolour, passionately sharing her extensive knowledge. A painter of realism influenced by romantic beauty with an ethereal softness creating for you an escape from everyday.
Day 1: Loose and Lively
Do you usually paint your flowers realistically, but secretly want to paint with abandon? It is possible to do both. If this is something you'd like to learn, join us and find out the techniques that make this possible.
What you will learn:
- How to capture the essence of the flower with bold colours and textures
- How to create your own expression of a photograph
- How to retain the white paper without masking
- How to use your reference material as an inspiration
- Bring your reference or use hers.
Day 2: Magnolia
There is so much beauty in a white magnolia. Their elegant simplicity is always seen at a distance. Join us and bring this beauty into your home.
What you will learn:
- How to create a dark background
- Creating a white flower with a myriad of colours
- How to create a background that supports a white flower
- When to leave the white of your paper to enhance your painting.
- You may bring your own reference and drawing or use hers.
- Prep instructions will be give on day 1 for this project.
- These are the colours Marney-rose will be using:
- Nova Gamboge (Holbein) OR Opus Gamboge Hue, Yellow Ochre, Perelyne Green or Shadow Green, French Ultramarine Blue, Phthalo Blue (Green Shade) OR winsor Blue (Green Shade), Quin Burnt Orange, Cobalt Blue, Paynes Grey, Permanent Rose, Dioxazine Violet or Winsor Violet or Carbazole Violet by DS.
- Paper: 140lb Cold Press Arches or Fabriano paper (1 sheet 222x30")
- Brushes: #20, #16, and #12 round
- Absorbent cotton towel or sponge or facecloth for blotting brush or Paper towels,
- Masking Fluid used Pebeo drawing gum and old brush to apply masking
- Rubber Cement Pick Up - it is used to take the masking off the paper when dry
- Water bucket
- Palette with good mixing areas or white china plate(no plastic plates - the paint beads up too much)
- Small spray bottle preferably one that spits rather than a fine mist
- 16 x 20 inch board for taping paper to
- 2 inch wide masking tape
- Note book/pen and a pencil for drawing
- Reference material
- Toilet paper
Register online by clicking "Sign Up" at the bottom of the screen or drop in to the South Delta Artist Guild at 1710 56th Street, Tsawwassen (18th Ave & 56th Street) Thurs - Sun, 11am - 4pm
Refund & Cancellation Policy
We require full payment at the time of registration and your seat will be assigned in the order that the registration was received. You may withdraw until 5 weeks prior to the workshop start date and receive a full refund. Refunds will not be allowed after this cut-off date unless the spot is filled by someone from the wait list. The SDAG reserves the right to change or cancel a workshop in which case a full refund will be given to all registrants.
Cost & Status
- CAN$218.75 with Non-Member Fee